(+268) 2404 5436/2828/2826/7/8
(+268) 7602 5814/7606 0406
He is the Head of the Litigation Department specializing in all court and arbitration claims, providing advice and opinions on legal suits, labour related matters including strikes, disciplinary process and other employer-employee matters, environmental matters and general commercial litigation. Has acted and advised most parastatals in Eswatini in both regulatory and litigation spheres. He has also been involved in litigation for the majority of parastatals in the country and is also considered an expert.
- An admitted attorney in the Kingdom of Eswatini, in private practice since 1993.
- A Member of the Association of Arbitrators of Southern Africa since 2000.
- A Part-time Arbitrator for Conciliation Meditation Arbitration Commissioner (CMAC) since 2004.
Directorship Position of Public Institutions held as at November 2013
- Chairman of Board of Directors of Motor Vehicle Accident Fund (MVA) Eswatini since July 2009 (second term)
- Chairman-Ezulwini Town Council since November 2011 (second term)
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Eswatini Financial Intelligence Unit from March 2013
Relevant Legal Experience
- Practitioner Industrial Court and Industrial Court of Appeal of Eswatini since 1992
- Practitioner in High and Supreme Court of Eswatini since 1993
- Contributed to the drafting of amendments to the Industrial Relations Act in 1996, 2000 and 2005
- Contributed to the drafting of amendments to the Employment Act in 1997
- Conducted extensive labour law training for Federation of Employers / Chamber of Commerce in Eswatini as well as individual employer organizations
- Conducted commercial and labour law arbitrations in Eswatini and South Africa
Relevant Legal Projects Undertaken
- Merger of Royal Eswatini Sugar Corporation and Mhlume Sugar Company
- Environmental Litigation on behalf of USA Distillers (Pty) Ltd
- Winding up of company at Beral Eswatini (Pty) Ltd
- Winding up of company at Usuthu Pulp Mill
- Winding up of company at JD Group Stores including Joshua Doore, Price and Pride and Score Furnitures
- Winding up of company at Peterstow Aqua Power Eswatini
- Environmental Compliance on closure of Usuthu Pulp company
- Litigation on Train Safety Standards on behalf of Eswatini Railway
- Sale of shares agreements on acquisition of Happy Valley Enterprises by SNPF, sale of shares agreement on acquisition of Usuthu Forest Products by Montigny Investments
- Sale of shares at Inyatsi Construction
- Consultancy for International Labour Organization on various industrial relations project on Eswatini
- Consultancy for US Department of Labour, on labour standards in the Garment sector in Eswatini
- Acquisition of Cadbury Eswatini by Kraft Foods
- Drafted Rules of the Industrial Court of Eswatini
- Chaired various Commissions of Enquiry on behalf of Eswatini Government
- Chaired various inspections on various Municipalities on behalf of Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
- Dispute Resolution in Africa – wrote a chapter on Eswatini
- Published with Homer Meyer & Chevalier – wrote a chapter on anti-corruption regulations in Eswatini.